It’s that time of year, we are all trying to slim down and most of us are eating more salads. This fresh strawberry salad is sure to excite your taste buds, and it certainly doesn’t look or taste like “diet food.” By making your own salad dressing you can control the sugar and sodium, and it is so simple to do! Be sure to check out Cooking with April McKinney on Facebook for a giveaway of the delicious, local Strawberry jalapeño jam from the The Nashville Jam Company to make the dressing in this recipe!
- 1/3 Cup Strawberry-Jalapeno or Strawberry Jam
- 1 1/2 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 Tbls White Balsamic
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt and pepper
- 5-6 oz Mixed Greens
- ½ Cup Blue Cheese
- ½ Cup Toasted Walnuts
- 2 Cups Strawberries
- In a large bowl whisk together Jam, Mustard, and White Balsamic Vinegar.
- Slowly Drizzle in Olive Oil while constantly whisking. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Add greens and half of the strawberries to the bowl, toss with tongs until dressing is coated on greens.
- Top tossed salad with blue cheese and walnuts.