So lately I have felt a desire to get a little more personal with the people that are visiting this site. I love that so many of you come here each day for recipes, but I would love to get to know you and for you to get to know me a little better while you’re here.
With that being said, if you have ever read my “About Me” page, you would know that I struggled with an eating disorder for most of my high school and college years. I am very open about my experience now, because I have come out on the other side healthy and free! I believe that much of my “success” up until this point is all part of a greater purpose, which involves sharing my story.
So one thing I would like to do is just encourage anyone struggling with food related issues during this season. The holidays can be some of the hardest times for women, not only those with eating disorders but also with any body image issues because you are constantly surrounded by food! A time that should be joyous and fun filled can cause all kinds of anxiety, and it can even steal some of the joy of the season.
Take a look at the astounding statistics below, most women struggle in some way with this issue…
“The statistics are frightening—70 to 80 percent of women feel they need to lose weight, one-fourth of college women have some bulimic behaviors, and up to 60 percent of girls and women have some components of eating disorders.”
So with that in mind, I would like to share a few tips that have helped me stay balanced with diet and exercise during the holidays without using unhealthy behaviors and thoughts:
1) Never let yourself get too hungry! I always keep healthy snacks with me in my car and purse in case I can’t eat for a while. Nuts are a great option, because they are satisfying and don’t go bad. Doing this will keep you from over eating when you finally get time to sit down and have a meal.
2) Don’t deprive yourself of your favorite treats! If I’m at a party with lots of finger foods, I fill half of my plate with healthier options like veggies, fruit, and nuts, and then get a few of my most favorite things that are a treat so I’m not feeling deprived. You can certainly enjoy those sausage balls and cake pops just keep it in moderation and balance it out with some healthier foods as well.
3) Try to stay active. Excercise not only keeps me mentally in check, but it also changes my mindset on what I am craving. If I am staying active, maybe by taking a jog or walk instead of laying on the couch for another 30 minutes during the holiday break, I tend make better food choices and just feel better all around.
4) Sometimes you gotta get out of the kitchen! During this next week more than likely you will be surrounded by tons of food and all kinds of treats sitting right in front you ALL. DAY. LONG. It makes it hard not to just eat out of boredom. My advice is to leave the “food room” for a little bit or just put the food away in between meals. Enjoy a few of your favorite Christmas treats then close the cookie tins! This way you won’t end up of feeling guilty and beating yourself up over eating too much, which brings me to my next tip.
5) Don’t beat yourself up over what you eat at Christmas! It only comes once a year, and if you just don’t follow any of these tips and completely over indulge, it’s all going to be okay. If you do happen to gain a pound or two over the next week, it’s really not the end of the world. Tomorrow is a new day! You’ll get back on track, and there are worse things that can happen.
I hope these little tidbits will help you this week, I know they have been key for me during this season over the past few years. If you have any other tips, I would love for you to comment those below, and also let me know if you would like to see more of these types of posts 🙂
Above all, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year with your loved ones!
What to look for in remedies online? Remedies like Deltasone usually is used to solve conditions such as breathing problems. Prednisone is a white to almost white powder. Kamagra is for the treatment of disability to get or keep an erection and similar states coupled to erectile disfunction. If you’re concerned about sexual problem, you have to talk to your physician about http://journal-info.net/buy/generic-levitra.html and buy generic levitra. What is the most substantial info you have to consider about kamagra? (Read more buy vardenafil). Betweentimes people need medications to resolve sexual soundness problem. Having erectile dysfunction can certainly complicate dating. Some medicines may interact with this medicine, including over-the-counter herbal products. Not all probable interactions are listed in standard therapy guide. Don’t forget, the best way to avoid forged medications is to get recipe drugs like Kamagra from a reliable online service with which you are familiar.