I don’t know about y’all, but all of this nasty cold weather we have had has really taken a toll on my “healthy eating.” Anything that is quick and comforting is what has sounded good. I am hoping we only have a couple more weeks of these below average temps, and Spring is right around the corner, for my health and my sanity! So anyway, this week Zach and I decided to just get back to our normal diet. Nothing fancy or mega strict just more fruits, veggies, lean proteins, and less sugar!
I truly believe that what I buy at the grocery directly affects the way I eat for the week. If I buy lots of fresh produce that needs to be cooked, then I will use it that week instead of getting take out or eating more processed food. So, that’s what I did this week, and now I have lots of sweet potatoes and spinach to use. And since I love making quesadillas (have you tried my BBQ Chicken Quesadillas yet?!) because they are just so quick, and that’s what I did with these ingredients plus a few others to make them extra tasty.
Let me know what you think of the recipe!
Sweet Potato, Spinach and Black Bean Quesadillas
makes 4 quesadillas
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, and cumin
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Optional: sour cream and salsa
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the oil, salt, pepper, and cumin, and place them on a baking sheet. Bake them for 10 minutes, toss, and bake for another 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
- To make one quesadilla, spray a medium skillet with cooking spray, and place the tortilla in the skillet over medium heat. Allow the tortilla to heat up for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the potatoes, 1/4 cup of the spinach, 1/4 cup of the beans, and 2 tablespoons of the feta to one half of the tortilla. Fold the empty half over the filling and gently press down with a spatula.
- Allow the quesadilla to cook on each side for 1-2 minutes, or until the outsides are browned and crisp. Remove it from the skillet, and repeat the process with the next three quesadillas.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each quesadilla in half and enjoy with a little salsa and/or sour cream
TIP: To keep the quesadillas that are done warm, preheat the oven to 250 degrees, and place the finished quesadillas on a sheet pan in the oven.
What to look for in remedies online? Remedies like Deltasone usually is used to solve conditions such as breathing problems. Prednisone is a white to almost white powder. Kamagra is for the treatment of inability to get or keep an hard-on and similar states coupled to erectile dysfunction. If you’re concerned about sexual problem, you have to talk to your physician about http://journal-info.net/buy/generic-levitra.html and buy generic levitra. What is the most vital data you have to view about kamagra? (Read more buy vardenafil). Betweentimes folk need medications to determination sexual heartiness problem. Having erectile malfunction can certainly complicate dating. Some medicines may interact with this medicine, including over-the-counter herbal products. Not all probable interactions are listed in standard curing guide. Don’t forget, the best way to avoid forged medications is to get prescription drugs like Kamagra from a reliable online service with which you are familiar.