For the past 5 or 6 years I have had the job of making the Thanksgiving turkey for my family or my in law’s each year. It was a little stressful at first, because I was just trying to read directions as I went, so I figured a video would be really helpful for this recipe. It was a little tough to do, but I hope this will be helpful for you this year as you try to tackle the turkey.
If you have smaller family or group for Thanksgiving try using a Bone In Turkey Breast like I did in the video, it is less expensive and a little easier to manage than a whole turkey. A 6 1/2 lb to 7 1/2 pound bone in turkey breast will feed about 10-12 people. If you are using a 12-16lb whole turkey, you can still use this whole recipe, simply double it.
If you do nothing else from this recipe video, at least use the brine. Brining the turkey makes it so moist and people can really tell a difference. So give it a try and feel free to comment any questions you might have. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!
Recipe is for a 6-8 lb Bone In Turkey Breast (You may double the recipe for a 12-16 lb Whole Turkey)
For the Brine
- 8 Cups water
- 1 Cup Apple Cider
- 1/2 cup Kosher or Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbls Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 tbls Allspice Berries
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 3-4 sprigs Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
For the Roasting the Turkey
- 2 tbls oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, sage, thyme)
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 2-3 sprigs of remaining Herbs
- Lemon, quartered
- Onion, quartered
- 1 cup chicken stock/broth or wine
- For the brine, combine all of the brine ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Once salt and sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Pour the brine over the turkey and place in the refrigerator or cooler (if using a cooler add ice to keep turkey cool). Brine the turkey for 12-24 hours.
- Once turkey has been brined, rinse the turkey in cool water and pat dry. Place the turkey in a roasting pan.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the oil, garlic, herbs, and lemon zest. Rub the mixture all over the turkey and under the skin. Insert the onion, sprigs of herbs, and lemon in the turkey cavity. Pour the chicken broth in the pan.
- Place the turkey in the oven and bake at 500 for 15-20 minutes or until the skin has browned thoroughly. Turn the oven down to 325 and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake for another 2-2 1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove the turkey form the oven and keep covered for another 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with the turkey gravy from this video: Coming Shortly!!
What to look for in remedies online? Remedies like Deltasone usually is used to solve conditions such as breathing problems. Prednisone is a white to almost white powder. Kamagra is for the treatment of inability to get or keep an erection and similar states united to erectile dysfunction. If you’re concerned about sexual problem, you have to talk to your physician about http://journal-info.net/buy/generic-levitra.html and buy generic levitra. What is the most substantial info you have to consider about kamagra? (Read more buy vardenafil). Betweentimes people need medications to determination sexual health problem. Having erectile disfunction can certainly complicate dating. Some medicines may interact with this medicine, including over-the-counter herbal products. Not all probable interactions are listed in rate treatment guide. Don’t forget, the best way to avoid forged medications is to get prescription drugs like Kamagra from a reliable online service with which you are familiar.